YASS plumbing tips: 3 Easy Steps to Unclog Blocked Drains in Liverpool
Unpleasant odors in the house could be a sign of clogged drains. Bad smells that linger may indicate mold or infestation by insects like termites or ants. Hence, you should always hire professional drain cleaning services to eliminate these pests and their harmful bacteria-filled eggs before they ruin your home’s property value and even make you sick!
Common signs that you need professional drain cleaning service from YASS Plumbing: You see water pooling around the drain pipes in the area surrounding your house. Your kitchen and bathroom sink frequently overflow. The sink is constantly leaking, causing the sink basin to become very dirty. Slow draining of the tub or shower. Sinks are often filled with hair or soap scum, which is difficult to remove. Flooded basement and/or crawl space. Here are a few ways you can unclog a blocked drain.
A foreign object or blockage of some kind can generally be blamed for a blocked drain in Liverpool. It is normally possible to unblock the drain by carefully cleaning the inside of the pipe. Proceed by flushing out the clog with a strong solution such as saltwater, dish soap, or perhaps even baking soda.
If you still see an unclogged drain after this step, it’s time to call YASS plumbing professionals and let them do the dirty work.
Blocked drains, in general, leave a bad odor that is hard to get rid of. This is normal and should dissipate over time as the drains work their way through wastewater that has been sitting in the pipes for too long (think months or years). If you get this bad smell consistently, it could indicate a larger problem with the drains.
You can easily get rid of the bad smell through some household ingredients such as lemon, vinegar, and baking soda.
There are numerous practical ways to keep your drains clean and smelling fresh for an extended time. Having regular maintenance can save you money on repair costs and offer you peace of mind knowing that your home is safe from foul odors or leaks down the road, in addition to any damages that may result from them occurring at all!
Bathroom Maintenance Tips
Here are some more bathroom maintenance tips that will help prevent any future blocked drains in Liverpool:
– Clean your drain screen regularly with a brush and dish soap, and ensure it’s always dry before replacing.
– Make sure your toilet tank has enough water and flush only as often as needed to avoid overflowing.
– Have your drain pipe cleaned and inspected regularly to be sure there aren’t any cracks or obstructions.
– If you have mold in your bathroom, try to remove it without causing damage.
– Inspect your pipes every six months for signs of cracking, bulging, or rusting.
– Have your sink faucets tested at least once a year.
– Install and maintain your washing machine properly, including keeping the lint trap clean and free of hair/cloth/wool.